Where to Mountain Bike Near Jackson Hole
Find the best places to mountain bike near Jackson Hole, Wyoming, including cross-country trails and mountain biking parks.
Jackson Hole, Wyoming, isa paradise for outdoor enthusiasts who love the thrill of exploring the mountains on two wheels. With over 115 miles of mountain bike trails, both casual and adventurous cyclists will find plenty of trails to explore.
For those looking to hit the trails, there are plenty of tips to keep in mind, such as respecting other trail users, riding only on open, marked trails, and leaving no trace of your presence. In addition, there are many local cycling outfitters to rent bikes and equipment.
Here are some of the top places to mountain bike in Jackson Hole:
- Big Holes This network of trails totaling nearly 80 miles and spanning over 3,000 vertical feet is ideal for intermediate to more advanced riders. With soaring ascents, thrilling descents, and deep valleys, you’ll be presented with jaw-dropping views of the surrounding landscape.
- Jackson Hole Mountain Resort Bike Park For riders of all levels, Jackson Hole Mountain Resort offers a summer mountain biking park with trails, jumps, and lifts. Don’t miss Sunday Fundays from June through September, where you can get $20 bike park tickets and 20% off rentals from Jackson Hole Sports.
- Grand Targhee Bike Park Just on the other side of the Tetons, Grand Targhee Resort offers an award-winning bike park with lift-serviced terrain and stunning views. You can explore over 2,200 vertical feet and more than 61 miles of trails.
- Cache Creek Road This easy two-track dirt trail is perfect for first-time mountain bikers. You’ll pass through wildflower-filled meadows along Cache Creek, which is just minutes from the Town Square. The trail connects to intermediate and advanced single-track trails at Snow King Mountain Resort and the surrounding forest, making it easy to customize your ride.
- Cache Creek Sidewalk & Putt Putt Trail This single-track mountain bike trail provides gentle, flowing ups and downs for beginner and intermediate riders. You can create a loop by connecting this trail to the Putt Putt trail, which features fast downhill sections, sustained uphill sections, tight corners, and occasional rock gardens, providing excitement for all skill levels.
- Old Pass Road This multi-use paved pathway gradually climbs from the Town of Wilson to the summit of Teton Pass, offering stunning views from the top. The ride is suitable for both road bikes and mountain bikes and provides connections to more advanced downhill mountain biking trails. Once you reach the bottom, reward yourself with a beer and burger at the Stagecoach Bar in Wilson.
Mountain biking in Jackson Hole is not only an exhilarating activity but also an ideal way to explore the natural beauty of the area. It’s a great addition to everyone’s favorite activity in Jackson Hole: shooting with the Jackson Hole Shooting Experience.