Where to Cross Country Ski in Jackson Hole
Experience the Winter Magic of Jackson Hole
Nestled within the majestic Teton mountain range, Jackson Hole is a winter paradise waiting to be explored. Beyond the popular slopes, the region beckons with its serene Nordic skiing trails. Glide through the untouched snowy landscapes and experience a low-impact, exhilarating workout that’s as gentle on your joints as it is on the eyes.
Unforgettable Nordic Skiing Trails
The extensive trail system in Teton County is a cross-country skier’s dream. With trails impeccably groomed twice a week, skiers of all levels can embark on an unforgettable winter adventure, surrounded by breathtaking natural scenery. Opt for a guided excursion to uncover the secrets of the local ecology, and perhaps even encounter some wildlife.
The Thrill of Jackson Hole Shooting Experience
Add a dash of excitement to your winter escapades with the Jackson Hole Shooting Experience. This is a fun and safe way to try target shooting, offering a unique contrast to the peaceful skiing experience.
Top 3 Places to Cross Country Ski in Jackson Hole
1. Game Creek: A mountain biking trail in summer, a Nordic skiing paradise in winter. The 3.3 miles of groomed trails are perfect for peaceful skiing with stunning views.
2. Grand Teton National Park: The park’s Nordic trail system offers diverse terrain and breathtaking views of the Tetons. A perfect place to ski with your furry friends.
3. Cache Creek Trail System: Ideal for experienced skiers, this trail system in East Jackson provides a rewarding challenge with a mix of uphill and downhill routes.
More places to ski, along with links on how to get there!
- Game Creek – South of Jackson, 3.3 miles of groomed trail.
- Grand Teton National Park – Offers a Nordic trail system.
- Cache Creek – In East Jackson, 4.6-mile trail.
- Jenny Lake, Grand Teton National Park – Popular winter tour destination.
- Shooting Star Nordic Track – On Teton Village road.
- Teton Pines Cross Country Ski Center – 4 miles south of Teton Village.
- Grand Targhee – Offers groomed track for skiing.
- Trail Creek Nordic Center – At the base of Teton Pass.
- Emily’s Pond – Between Wilson and Jackson.
- Spring Creek Ranch Touring Center – In Spring Gulch Valley.
It is also wise to get on some of the “locals” facebook pages and ask for people’s favorite spots.
Ski rental shops will also have great advice!
Cross Country Ski in Jackson Hole for an adventure you’ll never forget!