Spring in Jackson Hole: 5 Things to Do
Spring in Jackson Hole is an idyllic time of year, perfect for those seeking to explore the natural beauty and rich culture of the area. Jackson Hole offers an array of outdoor and cultural activities for all to enjoy, no matter the season. Here are some top things to do in spring that are sure to delight and rejuvenate.
- Spring Skiing & Snowboarding The Rockies are famous for their spring skiing and snowboarding, and Jackson Hole is no exception. With the snowpack at its deepest, the sun shining brightly, and the air temperature comfortable, spring skiing and snowboarding is the perfect way to soak in the beauty of the area. The corn snow is a sight to behold and is perfect for fast gliding and smooth turns. For those who prefer cross-country or skate skiing, spring snow offers a unique opportunity to explore the backcountry trails and experience the firm, upper crust that forms on top of the snowpack.
- ElkFest or Old West Days in Jackson Hole Spring is a time of transition for the local elk herds, and it is celebrated in Jackson Hole through ElkFest and Old West Days. ElkFest features an antler auction, chili cookoff, and other events that celebrate the local culture and wildlife. Proceeds from the events benefit the National Elk Refuge. Old West Days takes place in May and includes live music, entertainment, arts, food, and rodeo events.
- Bike Ride in Grand Teton National Park As the snow begins to melt and the roads clear, locals eagerly anticipate the reopening of Grand Teton National Park’s inner road. Biking along the stunning mountain views is a popular way to enjoy the crisp spring air and breathtaking scenery. The road closes to motorized vehicles at the Bradley and Taggart Lake trailhead parking lot, making it perfect for a peaceful bike ride.
- Visit the National Museum of Wildlife Art The National Museum of Wildlife Art stays open throughout the year, offering visitors educational programs, events, and fine art collections that are sure to delight visitors of all ages. With the ski resorts closed for the season, the museum provides the perfect opportunity to explore and appreciate the local art and culture.
- Shop the Spring Sales Spring is the time when ski shops and outdoor gear stores offer steep discounts on winter merchandise to make space for their summer inventory. This is a great opportunity to take a stroll in the fresh spring air, purchase demo skis, and stock up on outerwear and gear for next season.
In conclusion, there are many wonderful things to do in Jackson Hole during the spring season. From skiing and snowboarding to wildlife festivals and cultural events, Jackson Hole has something to offer everyone. Be sure to take advantage of this beautiful season and all it has to offer. And, in addition to these activities, don’t forget to check out the safe, fun, and educational target shooting at the Jackson Hole Shooting Experience.