Best Month to Visit Jackson Hole in 2022
What is the best month to visit Jackson Hole in 2022?
The Jackson Hole Airport is scheduled to be closed for construction between April 12 and June 27 in 2022. This is great news for people who are interested in spending some time connecting with their family as they road trip from a nearby airport to Jackson Hole.
The regulars at bars refers to New Year’s Eve as “Amature Night” because people with healthy resting blood alcohol levels who only go out drinking once a year often choose New Years eve. The regulars take a night off to avoid the crowds and instead hang out the rest of the year. This is kind of analogous to vacationing in Jackson Hole in May and June of 2022.
Jackson Hole is beautiful in the summer, and experienced travelers have long known that late May is a great time because most businesses are open, crowds have not arrived, servers and guides are not yet exhausted and crotchety coots and because it is the greenest time of year.
In 2022, the airport construction project is creating the unintended consequence of extending the “perfect time” by an additional month! Finally something we can all genuinely thank the government for doing! lol
So, what will there be to do in Jackson Hole in May and June of 2022? Here is a sample itinerary for a couple awesome days:
- Breakfast at Bubbas BBQ
- Multi-Gun Shooting Experience at #shootinjh
- Lunch at Cutty’s Pub
- Walk the town square and shop, shop shop
- Rent a bike and take a ride by the Elk Refuge
- Dinner at the Blue Lion (ask for booth 2 if you are a romantic couple)
- Star Gazing with passionate pros like Ben Weiser at Wyoming Star Gazing
- Breakfast at Figs in Hotel Jackson
- A wildlife tour with Eco Tours with a fantastic guide like Verlin